The Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in 2010 with a sanctioned strength of 60 students and occupies a prominent place in the records of its academic history. The department has been producing efficient engineers with outstanding academic and overall performance.
We have experienced faculty members with different specialization in Engineering Design, Thermal, Manufacturing, CAD, Automobile, Aeronautical, Product design and Industrial Engineering. Most of our faculty members are carrying out there Ph.D. research works. The department is under the process of establishing excellent infrastructure for laboratories along with latest and advanced high end modeling and analysis software’s like PRO-E, ANSYS, NASTRAN, LAB VIEW and MATLAB. At present the students are carrying their laboratory practices` at CEG campus, Anna University.
Department Activities so far:
1. Conducting National Level Technical Symposium every year under the Society of Mechanical Engineering “Mechosapiens”
2. Arranging Industrial visits regularly in reputed companies and R&D organizations like Jindal Steel Works (JSW), ISRO, BMW, HYUNDAI, ICF, ASHOK LEYLAND, IGCAR, NLC etc.
3. Arranging Guest Lecturer
Department Achievements so far:
1. An overall of 94% of pass percentage by 2010 batch passed out students.
2. First department in the college to start a society.
3. Tree Plantation.
4. Book donation by Senior to Junior Students.
5. Winner of overall Champion trophy and individual trophy during First UCEK Sports competition for year 2014.
Teaching Staff in Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Dr.K.Mathi||HOD i/c / Assistant Professor|
|Dr.M. Radha||Assistant Professor|
|Dr.P.K.Shyam Shankar||Teaching Fellow|
Non-Teaching Staff in Department of Mechanical Engineering
|Mr. M. Alagar Rasu||Professional Assistant – I||Mechanical|
|Mr.D.Dinesh||Professional Assistant – III||Mechanical|